Hiring a great real estate agent is a critical part of buying a home. In California State hiring an agent comes at no cost to the buyer. It’s a no-brainer to have an expert on your side! Several people have their license, but this doesn’t mean they are a good fit for you. The first question you should ask is “Is this their full-time job?” Why would you hire an agent that works part-time? You want somebody that takes his or her career seriously and is there to answer and help you any time of the day. Here are some tips on hiring the right person.
- Since every transaction is completely different from another you will want somebody that is a problem solver and can work around hiccups in a deal. They need to be polite and stern when needed to get problems corrected quickly.
- Self-motivation plays a large part on who works for you. You need somebody to be on top of the ball throughout the whole transaction. Delayed emails, phone calls, and appointments will kill a deal!
- You need your agent to stand out. Having a known agent in a community will drastically improve your offer when one is submitted. Somebody with a good name and reputation is key.
- Every house has different styles and architecture. Your agent should be able to identify and guide you what styles are popular as well as desirable. This is important and plays a large part in selling your home in the future.
- Having an outgoing and personable agent is hands down needed. Their job is to interact, negotiate, and get you the best deal possible. Nobody wants to work with a jerk.
- An agent’s attention to detail could cost you thousands. Make sure they will pay attention to everything. The one agent that forgets to schedule a sewer line inspection may leave a less than desirable dent in your billfold.
- An expert in their area. Your agent should know the housing market well for a specific area. This should be their area of expertise and they should know the ins and outs of the local community and housing market.
Looking for an expert in Silver Lake and Highland Park real estate market? I would love to show you around!
Call me 213-267-4219 or email me: Zac@shelhamergroup.com
This article is courtesy of Zac Stiehl BRE: 02033096 of The Shelhamer Real Estate Group
This article was provided by Zac Stiehl of The Shelhamer Real Estate Group. If you are selling your Los Feliz home, I have a comprehensive marketing plan, including preparing your Los Feliz home properly that will help get your home sold in less time and for more money.
For a mortgage, Pre-Approval contact Joe Tishkoff, from Skyline Home Loans
Original Source: SilverLakeBlog.com