Are you trying to sell your home using a Highland Park agent or agency? Then you want to hire the right person. While you could do much of the work yourself, the time needed to learn the responsibilities and legal attachments can be more than a frustrating experience. To help you get around that issue, here are some simple tips to help you learn how to hire the right real estate agent to sell your Highland Park house.
Make the right call today, and you can save a headache tomorrow!
Highland Park agent: Hiring The Right Realtor
- Experience. The first thing you need to look out for is experience. How long have they been in the game? Hiring a newbie real estate agent is not recommended. You want to make sure that the agent, if not the agency, has experience. Using a new agency isn’t a problem, so long as they have staff on-board who are good at what they do with a proven track record.
- Local Knowledge. Selling using a Highland Park agent means having someone on-board who knows the area. They should know the local landscape, what kind of people are generally moving into the area and also the kind of fixes and changes that have helped to make other sales possible in other Highland Park homes for sale.
- References. Find out what they have sold recently. Check them out on Yelp.com and other testimonial websites like Zillow.com. A good Realtor should be able to point to a pretty decent selection of homes they have sold. If they cannot provide you with a few Highland Park homes they have sold recently, you might wish to look for help from someone else. Hiring someone who can give you specific details about the sales in the past is important, too; get addresses, length of sale time, listing price and final price at the very least.
- Comparative Quality. Another important skill is making sure your Realtor could either help you find out what other homes are selling for in the same area, or what kind of competitive homes are on the market that you need to try and outsell. If they cannot give you the kind of information about what you are up against, then they likely do not know the area as well as you need to get top dollar for the sale of your home.
- Local Rapport. A good Highland Park Realtor will be able to make contacts within the local area. They should be able to form good relationships with regular home buyers, find recommended buyers and generally just make the process a lot easier to initiate. If they seem to have a negative reputation within the area, you might wish to consider going elsewhere.
Highland Park agent: What’s The Plan?
Lastly, find out what their plan is for the marketing and sale itself. Are they going to build a bespoke website to help advertise it? Are they going to use online advertising to help boost the scope of the visibility of your sale? Photography? Floor plans? A virtual tour? Broker open houses? Twilight open houses? Offer deadlines? Find out what the plan is.
It’s vital that you do this. The more you know about the real estate agent you will be using, the better. If you can spend some time learning the above about your agent, then you should be more likely to achieve the success that you need, want and deserve on the property ladder. Selling that home with a Highland Park agent for the best price just became so much simpler!
Highland Park Homes For Sale | Highland Park Houses For Sale | Highland Park Real Estate
This article, How to hire the right Real Estate Agent to sell your Highland Park house, was provided by Glenn Shelhamer of The Shelhamer Real Estate Group. If you are selling your Highland Park home, I have a comprehensive marketing plan, including preparing your Highland Park home properly that will help get your home sold in less time and for more money. Call me at 310-913-9477 or contact me to discuss how I will get your home sold.
Contact Joe Tishkoff, from Skyline Home Loans for a mortgage Pre-Approval.
Original Source: Silverlakeblog.com