Celebrate Mother Earth and Earth Day at Grand Park DTLA: Join Grand Park, The Music Center and DWP and discover ways you can live clean and go green in our beloved LA LA LAnd!
All around the city events are happening to commemorate Mother Earth and her beauty. This FAMILY FRIENDLY event is open to all – young, old, and everything in between. So come out to enjoy the sun and fun.
- Fish Eyes Educational Workshops by Heidi Duckler Dance Theatre, teaching kids to explore site-specific dances inspired by themes of water conservation, climate change and the environment. Dances are accompanied by the sculpture Fish Eyes, created to bring further awareness to park-goers about the importance of water conservation. The sculpture will be on display April 16 – 22, 2017 on the Grand Park Performance Lawn.
- Music by Claire Mills performing songs and stories about the Earth. 20 minute family-friendly performances.
- E-waste drop off (Grand Park nearest Spring St.) and eyeglass donation stations
- LADWP energy efficiency and water conservation information and giveaways
- LADWP water trailer, solar trailer and electric vehicles on display
- Children’s recycled art projects and activities
- “The Trash Man” performance art by Taiwanese artist Chin-chih Yang
- 20 Minute tours of Grand Park’s sustainable landscaping. Meet on lawn between Grand Ave. and Hill St.
- Composting workshops
- Tree giveaways courtesy of City Plants for City of Los Angeles residents*
- Healthy lifestyle vendors
- Kid-friendly yoga sessions
- Grand Park’s signature array of food trucks and food vendors
*Free trees will be available if you live or own property within the City of Los Angeles. Verification will be required (ID/Driver’s License or LADWP bill). First come, first served. Limit 1 tree per address.
Celebrate Mother Earth and Earth Day at Grand Park DTLA
Learn more and info HERE
When: April 19, 2017 @ 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Where: Grand Park, 200 N Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Your DTLA Real Estate Agent
I’m a local real estate agent with The Shelhamer Real Estate Group, and It would be my pleasure to help you find the perfect property to call home in Downtown Los Angeles, or if you’re thinking about selling a house, condo, or multi-family building in, Los Feliz, Silver Lake, Atwater Village, Glassell Park, Mount Washington, or Downtown Los Angeles, it would be a privilege to help you get top dollar for the sale of your property.
Lets chat sometime. 310-913-9477 or contact me.